Sunday, December 23, 2007

Induced...

After much thought and discussion, we've decided to go to the hospital to be induced. The Jack in my box seems to need a little help getting out and the midwives felt that even if I began labor spontaneously, they would have to monitor me closely and might likely end up transferring me to hospital anyway.

It sounds so calm when I write it, but I think I scared the hell out of my mom when I started screaming and crying. I really wanted some gloves and a heavy bag. I wanted to wail on something until everything was numb and I could collapse from exhaustion.

My poor dog got nervous, too. She really doesn't like to see me upset. But I know it'll be okay, because she laid down and put her head on my foot while I make this entry. And she's a magic dog. She knows the future.

If you want to visit, I'm at UW. Balloons are welcome, the brighter and goofier the better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl...pop that thang'

your brother MPH

Amy Num-num said...

Ranedear! I'm so glad to hear Jack is here and you're all home safe and sound. Tons of love. - Amy

Cyndelou said...

Ohhhh... I thought I could be patient, but if you don't get a picture of that little cutie on this blog soon.. I think I might explode!
I love you honey...and hope you are all enjoying this special time with your new man!!